Thursday, April 19, 2018

What's in the bag?

I really enjoyed creating an artifact bag! I learned that this is such a great and engaging way to introduce a lesson to a class. As a teacher candidate it is important to learn many different ways of teaching and how to make lessons engaging and meaningful to the students, and the artifact bag lesson is definitely one way!

Creating an artifact bag gives students the opportunity to explore what is in the bag, then they can research the "artifacts" in the bag and learn more about them and the meaning of them and why they are important to the lesson.

I created an artifact bag that related to our Unit Plan which is, "Forming a New Nation". Many important events were taught in this unit plan and I included some in my artifact bag. The artifacts that I chose were the Preamble of the Constitution, the 3/5 compromise, and the American flag.

Here is a picture of my artifacts.


I found a website that students could explore on and research more about these artifacts. Students can learn why these artifacts are important in history and in our lives today. They can learn what each artifact means and how it is significant to this lesson.

Click the link to view group 1's artifact bag presentation!


No comments:

Post a Comment